Re: [SLUG] UPS woes.

Ahh nice work!

I've actually been up all night looking for more information this thing.
I'm not 100% sure, but it looks like its a copy of UPS made by Microtek
Italia called the MICROedge MEG501.

I wasn't able to find ANY information about the protocol they used.

The company which seems to have developed the software for the UPS
called Commander Pro(windows) and UPSmart (Linux and Novell) is called
WayTech from what I can gather. They dont have any updated software on
their site, they dont make any mention of which UPS unit the software
works with, and they dont have any information about the protocol.

I have spent hours trying to figure out what baud rate, start, stop,
data, and parity bits the UPS uses, but i've had no luck.

All I know is that it does not change any control lines if you pull the
cord.

If you go to http://www.exploits.org/nut/ you'll find a heap of useful
info about various UPSes. You might want to let them know about the UPS
and what you've discovered about the protocol so far.

If i knew anything about coding in C i'd help you finnish the software
but i have no idea.

Let me know what else you discover, or if there's anything I can do to
help you develop the software, like testing the ups, etc.