Re: [SLUG] Is this something of Interest ? - flame time! ;)

slug-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 18-06-2003 10:57:32 AM:

> On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 10:18:29AM +1000, Oscar Plameras wrote:

--snip--

> But not an informed choice.  For all we know it could be something
> obscure.  Links without comment will have one of four effects on people:
>
> 1) Click on the link, register, XYZ is good. (+1 oscar rules)
> 2) Why is this Oscar guy posting links without commenrts ? (delete,
> +2 ignore oscar posts)
> 3) Click on the link, register, don't care about XYZ (+ 10 ignore
> oscar posts and/or flame)
> 4) See that the link is nytimes, don't bother but find out later
> that it would have been nice to know earlier (+1 oscar sux)

No Flames, but I would give oscar +10 ignore on the scale above as it is
posted on /. (www.slashdot.org) with no registration needed.
If went through the pain of registering with NYTimes and subsequently get
their monthly newsletters (Or whatever crap is sent weekly/monthly to
subscribers), because of a subject I am already educated on, I would be very unhappy.

No Offence Oscar.

Cheers,

Scott