Re: [SLUG]

On Sunday 08 June 2003 03:56, nelsena@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi There,
>

> relay=c68.115.75.246.euc.wi.charter.com [68.115.75.246], reject=553 5.1.8
> nelsena@68.115.75.246... Domain of sender address nelsena@68.115.75.246
> does not exist

My sendmail admin skills are pretty much non-existent, but I have had a
similiar problem before. The mail relay is doing a DNS lookup on the domain
of the sender address, and rejects it if the address cannot be found. This is
presumably a spam prevention measure.

In my case, I registered a domain + hostname for the box and everything worked
fine after that. Note that it's not normal to use an IP address as part of a
mail addy, I don't know whether the relay would do a reverse DNS lookup in
this case.

Carl.

PS: Please use a proper subject line in future when posting.