[SLUG] X-Windows lag

Hi all,
Recently I had the pleasure of installing the Slackware 9.0 on my IBM
ThinkPad 600E (128Meg/RAM). Kernel 2.4.20 running XFree86 4.3.0.
It seems X-Windows starts to run really slow when I use Mozilla. Allot of
lag. TOP shows X and mozilla-bin processes peaking.
Any ideas on what might be causing this ? Is there was way to "tweak"
X-Windows ? am I better off using another browser ?
Infact, it seems that most applications using gtk etc slow X down.
Can someone shed some light on these issues ?
Thanks in advance.

Regards