SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] squid authentication with winbind.
- To: "Gareth Walters" <garethw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] squid authentication with winbind.
- From: "Simon Bryan" <sbryan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 13:44:47 +1000 (EST)
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Reply-to: sbryan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: SquirrelMail/1.4.0
Gareth Walters said:
> I am using IE and Mozilla, neither one ask for a username/password if I get rid
> of the ntlm lines in squid.conf
> then it pops up a dialog and works but otherwise all it does is fail.
> I have checked and rechecked it. :(
> Any ideas?
I also found that I needed to use the default domain directive in the smb.conf file,
that way I did not have to give the domain as well as the username.