Re: [SLUG] [Fwd: Help with final choice on new machine]

On Thu, May 29, 2003 at 09:18:38AM +1000, Ken Foskey wrote:

> Anyone care to comment,  an open source developer in Canada is getting a
> new PC...  I work on the very low end so someone might have some useful
> comments.  I wish it was my budget :-)
>
> What is support like for 64 bit stuff?

Unless they're a kernel developer, I'd avoid 64bit,
it would just be an extra compatibility problem.  Of the
remaining two choices I'd plump for the dual Xeons,
rather than the dual Athlon, because Xeons are made
for SMP whereas for Athlons AFAIK it's a secondary
thing.

Matt