SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] don't try this at /home
- To: Stewart <stewart@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] don't try this at /home
- From: Rev Simon Rumble <simon@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 14:16:25 +0100
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mutt/1.5.3i
On Wed 28 May, Stewart bloviated thus:
> sometimes my impatience gets the better of me. I wanted to convert the
> /home partition to ext3, so i unmounted it and ran mkfs.ext3. fine.
mkfs is for creating NEW partitions. You want to just add a journal
to an existing partition.
(-j option is what you're after)
Rev Simon Rumble <simon@xxxxxxxxxx>
Send email with subject "send key pub" for public key.
"There's no 'I' in 'team'. But then there's no 'I'
in 'useless smug colleague', either. And there's
four in 'platitude-quoting idiot'. Go figure."
- David Brent, "The Office"