SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Anyone know where to find the "error" utility?
- To: lukekendall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Anyone know where to find the "error" utility?
- From: mlh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 16:39:01 +1000
- Cc: Sydney Linux Users Group <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- User-agent: Mutt/1.3.28i
"Error" sounds like a neat utility.
Emacs provides a similar thing, but with a split
window, errors in one and the source in the other.
It's not restricted to compiler error messages either,
anything that prints out lines of the form:
filename:linenumber: text ....
for instance, grep with the -n option.