Re: [SLUG] Creating scripts in /etc/init.d (Debian Woody)

Perfect... that's it...  Thanks!

Mike
---
Michael S. E. Kraus
Network Administrator
Capital Holdings Group (NSW) Pty Ltd
p: (02) 9955 8000

Jeff Waugh <jdub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

19/05/2003 05:05 PM

        To:        mkraus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        cc:        slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
        Subject:        Re: [SLUG] Creating scripts in /etc/init.d (Debian Woody)

<quote who="mkraus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx">

> I've just created a script in /etc/init.d and I'm wanting to create the
> symlinks so that the appropriate actions are taken at various runlevels. I
> know there is a binary that will do this for me, but I can't remember its
> name! If someone could remind me, it'd be greatly appreciated.

 update-rc.d <scriptname> defaults

But check man update-rc.d(1) if you want to use different sequences in
different runlevels and such.

- Jeff

--
GU4DEC: June 16th-18th in Dublin, Ireland             http://www.guadec.org/