Re: [SLUG] Travan tapes under GNU/Linux (Debian Woody)

Yep Matt is right.
I missed the tape device.

I don't usually compress tar files on tapes as I'm afraid my tapes are
ruin on a single read error. On the other hand, bzip2 is just too slow
to make the tape "stream". Is there a handy way to do compression on
individual files before archiving?

What I did is a bit long but I have an index at the beginning of every
tapes.

cpico looks pretty handy too. Thanks Matt.