[SLUG] WinPoET / PPoE and DSL advice

G'day all...

I'm looking at having ADSL installed for one of the organisations I do
voluntary work for. I guess I'm wanting to check here first beforehand to
avoid making a possible costly mistake, and also to

The DSL provider I'm looking at is Swiftel... http://www.swiftdsl.com.au/

They recommend/approve a number of DSL modems -
http://www.swiftdsl.com.au/au-dsl-modems.htm

They also state that you require WinPoET software to connect to their
services. After a tad bit of googling I've discovered that WinPoET  is PPP
over Ethernet software.

Are there any great variations between PPPoE software that could make it
such that this DSL product won't work with PPPoE under GNU/Linux?

Also, any recommendations regarding the list of DSL modems? The organisation
is a NPO so price is a factor, as is the means it connects to the firewall
(P100 with no USB running Debian Woody).

I have limited DSL experience, so all help would be greatly appreciated. The
NPO works with the mentally disabled, so they also appreciate it.

TIA and all the best...

Mike