SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] RH9 and USB Mem Stick in FSTAB
- To: SLUG <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] RH9 and USB Mem Stick in FSTAB
- From: Phil Scarratt <fil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 22:41:17 +1000
- Organization: Draxsen Technologies
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.0.1) Gecko/20020823 Netscape/7.0
I knew I shoulda though a little harder. Kudzu makes sense.....
As suggested by Stuart, grep fstab shows up kudzu on my own system (RH8
- non gui) so pretty sure it'll turn up on RH9 also.
Thanks to all for the responses...especially to a question to which I
really shoulda spent more time thinking about....
Luke Burton wrote:
On Wednesday, May 7, 2003, at 03:11 PM, Phil Scarratt wrote:
The problem is that when the machine is rebooted, the entry is not in
the fstab file anymore. "man fstab" says nothing about entries
disappearing or being removed that I can see. I've got him checking
the init processes and boot log to see if we can track down what is
changing the fstab file during boot.
It's likely to be kudzu running and detecting that the memory stick
hardware has been removed, and that that entry in /etc/fstab is
Or, RH9 might keep some sort of golden fstab that is restored on boot.
Perhaps you need to make changes to fstab through one of their GUIs?
Stabbing a bit in the dark here ...
(PGP keys: http://www.hagus.net/pgp)
Klatu barada nikto!
0403 53 12 71