Re: [SLUG] Copying Home directories to a new server

google with "copy files new system preserving linux"

brought up an article from IBM developerworks that uses mount to do it ..

> If your question is "what how do I make 'cp' do foo?", then it's obvious
> which man page to read.  If your question is "how should I copy files to a
> new system, preserving whatever obscure unix magic needs to be preserved?",
> then, as you've just demonstrated, the answer is less clear.
> And, regardless, personal attacks on a public list help no-one.
> -Andrew.

David Airlie, Software Engineer
http://www.skynet.ie/~airlied / airlied@xxxxxxxxx
pam_smb / Linux DecStation / Linux VAX / ILUG person