[SLUG] Backup Software Recommendations

Hi All,

Just inherited a Sony SDT-9000 and some DDS3 tapes.

I got it installed and everything. Then installed some backup software
from the mandrake 9.1 CD.

I installed taper, and the command line dt? (I think) and st tools...

Using taper, I am *just* backing up about 5GB of files, and its only
*half* the way through and its taken *2 hours* already... Is this
normal??

What do you recommend using for the software?? Something maybe QUICKER??
Or am I just underestimating how slow tapes are or this drive is?

Thanks for any suggestions.

AW.