SLUG Mailing List Archives
[SLUG] mySQL Control Center - Access Denied Problem
- To: "'Slug@Slug. Org. Au'" <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [SLUG] mySQL Control Center - Access Denied Problem
- From: "Adam W" <woja@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 10:34:54 +1000
I am having a few problems with mySQL. Why would it be doing this:
* I can login locally on the mySQL box using $mysql -uadamw -p
* I try and do this through mySQL control center running on
windows machine and it gives me: ERROR 1045: Access denied for user:
'firstname.lastname@example.org' (Using password: YES)
* I try this on a linux (not the server) box using $mysql
-uadamw -p and it lets me access it.
* Last night I could access mySQL via the control center - but
after a reboot it now refuses. Though last night it allowwed me after
some changes to hosts.allow, hosts.deny (don't know if that is relevant
- isnt this just xinetd? I'm not running mySQL through xinetd)
Of course I have set the users table correctly - user adamw is accepted
from all hosts.
Can anyone pick the error??