[SLUG] More Debian stuff...

Hi all,

SteveK surmised

"run 'dpkg -P diald' as root. It looks to be in a fairly bad state, so
you have to do evil things." (edited)

Shows how much I know, I get the GUI up and think everythings great!

Error message time .

foo:/# dpkg -P diald
(Reading database ... 81306 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing diald ...
Stopping diald: fifo-removed diald.
dpkg - warning: while removing diald, directory `/var/cache/diald' not
empty so
not removed.
dpkg - warning: while removing diald, directory `/etc/diald' not empty
so not removed.
Purging configuration files for diald ...
debconf: unable to initialize frontend: Gnome
debconf: (Unable to load Gnome -- is libgnome-perl installed?)
debconf: falling back to frontend: Dialog

dpkg-reconfigure debconf worked!

I addded

deb http://people.debian.org/~stevenk/alsa  I tried, malformed line.
deb http://people.debian.org/~stevenk/alsa/

W: Couldn't stat source package list http://people.debian.org ./
Packages
(/var/lib/apt/lists/people.debian.org_%7estevek_alsa_._Packages) - stat
(2 No such file or directory)
W: Couldn't stat source package list http://people.debian.org ./
Packages
(/var/lib/apt/lists/people.debian.org_%7estevek_alsa_._Packages) - stat
(2 No such file or directory)

Regards

Mick