Re: [SLUG] How do I install kde/gnome

# out your gnome 2.2 source /etc/apt/sources.list
Then apt-get update then run tasksel
Once you've got 1.4 of gnome running, then get out of it (+stop gdm, if
you use it) and unhash your gnome2.2 apt source and apt-get update &&
apt-get install gnome.

On my system, I originaly ran the original X -- installed the 2 Desktop
Enviroments through tasksel then upgraded to X 4.2 for gnome2.2 and then
upgraded to gnome2.2 -- so hopefully that should work :/

btw, installing the gnome 2.2 backport won't work with the
OpenOffice.org backport from apt-get.org.
You'll need to use: deb http://www.phy.olemiss.edu/openoffice/ woody
main contrib

--Don't even try the KDE 3 backport -- it will break your system!!

Cheers,
Chris

--

---