Re: [SLUG] batch image resizing & making thumbnails

Hi!

On Fri, 28 Mar 2003 23:37:43 +1100, "Jon" <jmd000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Can anyone recommend something that will resize all the images in a
> directory in one go? It has to be from the command line. Also I would
> like something that can make thumbnails, and a simple HTML page which
> shows the thumbnails and has links to the originals.

Can open, worms everywhere.

My personal favourite is still album
(http://marginalhacks.com/Hacks/album/).  It's a perl script that uses
imagemagick to generate thumbnails, and templates based on embperl to
generate html pages.  The licence is slightly dodgy, but it's a very
sweet and flexible tool.
There's lots of other tools to help automate extracting images from a
digital camera though, and I'm sure somebody will suggest something.

By the same author, there's also thumb
(http://marginalhacks.com/Hacks/thumb/) which just generates thumbnails,
using the same code as album.  I quite like the results, because it uses
a combination of resizing and cropping.

--
Pete