[SLUG] linux mp3 player/jukebox for large collections

Hi All,

I've been searching for quite sometime for an mp3 player/juke box/collection manager that works well with a large collection. So I'm curious to here what linux users are using to manage large mp3 collections.

I used to use Musicmatch Jukebox, and if i remember right, they used to have a linux/wine compatible version available for linux users. However this doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

Because of the auto-dj feature provided by MM Jukebox, I had actually gone through the pain-staking task of categorizing my music using the ID3 tags, specifying not just genre, but tempo and mood. Then using MM, I could select a random selection given a restriction criteria based on genre/mood/tempo. This works great for better for me then the current crop of "rate your song" based applications like LongPlayer. I tend to prefer to make requests like "rock - moderate" and get some quieter Eagles or Dire Straits tracks selected out of my collection.

So far, I've not found a juke box application that even shows the tempo/mood column or lets me add the column to the view, and nothing at all that will let me randomly select from a criteria that includes the less popular ID3 tags.

There are some MySQL based mp3 jukebox apps that look like they might be able to do it, if I fashioned a special script/add-on, however if that was my only option left, then I would probably rather just code my own player that meets my needs.

Would really be grateful for any players that people are using that fit the bill for what I need, its fairly annoying to know that large portions of my collection are virtually inaccessible due to the sheer number of mp3's!

Cheers
Jason