From: mick [mailto:jackcom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, 17 March 2003 11:00 PM
To: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [SLUG] Debian Manuals

Hi All,

After a busy few weeks I finally had the oppurtunity to sit down and
start to
look around my new Debian Woody install.  I still don't have Xwindows
cause
my radeons not supported.  I wanted to start getting to know this OS,
when I
started with RedHat, I had a nice BIG book to read from.

Is there a BIG book of Debian, either downloadable or bought that is
highly
recommended for Newbies.  (Advanced Network Administration for Debian
Servers
is out of the question, something more of the "Using Debian ... the How
find your arse with both hands guide.", type flavour)

I find it embarressing to keep posting simplistic questions when most
posts
seem to deal with
	"redirecting /var/spoong/thingo/tango/charlie to less|more| and
thensome/headache/var/null/ to get your usb printer working because they
left
:icky/icky/wangna/print/this out of the build in kernel version
1.1.Sanders.

I need a little |less information and lot more HOWTO.  I've wasted money
on
books that didn't accomplish what they claimed to set out.  I was hoping
some
of the Debian community could help me get on track quickly, without
pestering
the slug post.

Yours

Mick