SLUG Mailing List Archives
[SLUG] Win2k - Linux VPN
- To: SLUG <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [SLUG] Win2k - Linux VPN
- From: Phil Scarratt <fil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu Mar 13 16:51:01 2003
- Organization: Draxsen Technologies
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.0.1) Gecko/20020823 Netscape/7.0
Sorry to interrupt all this talk about nominations....
Anyone know a good howto or pointers on setting up a VPN from Win32
clients to Linux server? I'm currently looking at setting up an
IPSEC/L2TP tunnel but am having trouble getting IPSec to work. I tried
to follow instructions at both
to no avail as yet. I get packets arriving at the eth interface but not
ipsec0 interface (tcpdump). No packets are being dropped or rejected but
the logs say the following:
Mar 13 16:25:39 neo pluto: "L2TP-CERT-WIN2KXP" 192.168.1.201
#3: unable to locate my private key for RSA Signature
Mar 13 16:25:55 neo pluto: "L2TP-CERT-WIN2KXP" 192.168.1.201
#3: Peer ID is ID_DER_ASN1_DN: 'C=AU, ST=NSW, O=Draxsen, CN=rivendell'
The error looks like an obvious oversight somewhere but I can't find it?
Is there a better way? (apart from not using M$ OS at all that is).
Thanks for any tips or info.