SLUG Mailing List Archives
RE: [SLUG] Advice for a Web Cafe
- To: "Slug" <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: [SLUG] Advice for a Web Cafe
- From: "Simon Bryan" <sbryan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed Mar 12 12:12:03 2003
- Reply-to: <sbryan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > What i would like is recommendations of filtering software that
> I can put
> > on the RH8 server to block access to Porn etc (Being a church
> this is very
> > important). Can anyone suggest a Linux Equivalent to products like Net
> > Nanny etc?
For good 'content filtering' that would not add significant overhead to your
setup have a look at DansGuardian.
We are using it in our school and it is very effective - some times too
effective which is our preferred mode of operation.