Re: [SLUG] Mandrake MSEC

Stephan Borg wrote:
> found a utility called MSEC. Basically, its purpose is
> to notify (daily) the admin whether there was a change
> in world-writable files and open ports (among other
> things).
>
> Just a couple of questions:
> 2 - is there anything similiar for Debian or Redhat ?

There is tripwire (newest version is commercial but older ones are free)
and AIDS (advanced intrusion detection system). The later one I have
running on my Deb box here. There are deb packages for it.
Michael Lake
University of Technology, Sydney
Email: mailto:Mike.Lake@xxxxxxxxxx Ph: 02 9514 1724 Fx: 02 9514 1628
Linux enthusiast, active caver and interested in anything technical.

CRICOS Number:  00099F

DISCLAIMER
This email message and any accompanying attachments may contain
read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or attachments.
immediately and delete this message. Any views expressed in this message
are those of the individual sender, except where the sender expressly,
and with authority, states them to be the views the University of
Technology Sydney. Before opening any attachments, please check them for
viruses and defects.