SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] X crashes for nicko, works for ed
- To: Nick Croft <nicko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] X crashes for nicko, works for ed
- From: Malcolm V <farkit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue Feb 26 01:30:02 2002
- Cc: Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
On Mon, 2002-02-25 at 14:47, Nick Croft wrote:
> On Friday I was fiddling around with locale in my user account nicko.
> This was to get xterm and mutt working with utf8.
> As it's the same XF86Config being used, I can only assusme that the
> keyboard settings problem goes back to the failed attempt to use a utf8
> locale. I would have though that by returning the entire locale to C by
> using LC_ALL=C would return nicko to a stock standard setting, just like
> Clues? please anyone.
Before you kludge, have you compared the environment variables of ed and
nicko? Has LANG or LANGUAGE been set to something obscure?
Just a few thoughts,