[SLUG] Mounting a zip file?

<crazy crack idea>

Is it possible to mount a zip/gzip/bzip file as part of the filesystem,
so it gets decompressed on the fly and only when needed? Similar
to mounting an iso from a file I guess.
I have a 20Meg docs folder which I don't always need, and it inflates
to >100Meg, wasting a lot of space on the laptops' drive.

Also, anyone know where you can get a decent Linux-related mousepad.
Everythinglinux has a couple, but none I like.  Gotta be optical
mouse friendly. ( Little hint, Optical mice track badly on a shiny
black desk.)

'ta

Steve

--
In The Beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

http://www.helmsdeep.net/capn-k/
Linux | Windows | CAD | Audio Visualisation and more