Re: Can't get output from passthru() in PHP. was Re: [SLUG] Can't get PHP4 to run on Debian

On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 11:14:37PM +1100, Michael Lake wrote:
> Mike Lake wrote:
> But the code below just outputs
> 	cat myemail | spamfooler end
> The perl program spamfooler when invoked from the command line does output text but its not showing up in the HTML output from PHP. The output should
> be a single line of text. Here is the PHP code.
>
> <?php
> 	$command="cat myemail | spamfooler";
> 	echo ("Command is: $command");        <--- this is a test line
> 	passthru($command);
> 	echo " end";                          <-- test line
> ?>
>
> Any tricks I dont know?

Oh I have the permissions for the script smamfooler set to be:
-rwxr-xr-- so its executable by what ever php runs as.
I even for a test set it to to o+x but still no luck.

--
The little town that time forgot, Where all the women are strong, The men are good-looking, And the children above-average. -- Prairie Home Companion

Michael Lake, University of Technology, Sydney
Work: Mike.Lake@xxxxxxxxxx Ph: 02 9514 1724 Fx: 02 9514 1628
Home: http://www.speleonics.com.au

Soory for \/

CRICOS Number:  00099F

DISCLAIMER
This email message and any accompanying attachments may contain
read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or attachments.
immediately and delete this message. Any views expressed in this message
are those of the individual sender, except where the sender expressly,
and with authority, states them to be the views the University of
Technology Sydney. Before opening any attachments, please check them for
viruses and defects.