Re: [SLUG] Re: Forum Software

> On Sun, 3 Feb 2002, Howard Lowndes wrote:
>
> > What are ppls recommendationd for forum/BB software to run under linux
> > (PHP or Perl)
> >
> > So far I have looked at phorum and phpBB2, and both of them are screwed.
>
> Why do it half-arsed? Go with slash :-)
>
> Actually, I've never looked at any of these packages, including slash. I
> have written an extensive one myself, but I don't think the company I work
> for would like me giving it away :-)

Depends really on whether you want a news/discussion site like slashdot or a
plain discussion site.  For the former I'd recommend postnuke above slash
(see www.postnuke.com) because it's much easier to install and maintain.
I'm told slash can handle a greater load, but most people don't get the
traffic that slashdot does.

For the latter, most people seem to use phorum or phpBB2 :)