SLUG Mailing List Archives
[SLUG] Good file system / Hdd layout for linux
- To: "Humbug Chat" <chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [SLUG] Good file system / Hdd layout for linux
- From: Mick Howe <mickhowe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat Feb 2 11:30:07 2002
- Cc: "Canberra Linux Users Group" <linux@xxxxxxxxx>, "Sydney Linux User Group" <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Organization: Cave of the BareClan
I'm insterested I'm peoples opinions regarding suitable file system / Hdd
layout for linux.
I'm running RedHat 7.1 on a Celeron 533, 640MB ram, 44x CDROM, 2x write/
8x read CDR, with two 4.3 SCSI HDDs, currently partitioned as below:-
sda1 - one primary partition 300MB - DOS 6/ Win2K boot - fat16
sda2 - Extended containing
sda5 - 2GB NTFS 5 Win2K system
sda6 - 2GB fat16 used as a dump/storage area
sdb1 - Extended
sdb5 - 2GB Ext2 "/"
sdb6 - 2GB ext2 "/home" used as a download storage area
sdb7 -linux swap
what do others use and why?