SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Hylafax over a network
- To: Howard Lowndes <lannet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Hylafax over a network
- From: Anthony Rumble <anthony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri Feb 1 21:53:01 2002
- Cc: Mail List - SLUG <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
On Fri, 1 Feb 2002, Howard Lowndes wrote:
> What is the secret to accessing the hylafax daemon over a network.
> I set up the etc/hosts.hfaxd file with what I think is a valid entry so
> that I don't need to supply a password, but it still keeps insisting for a
> ...And do I set up the hylafax client on the local machine in the local
> /etc/printcap file so that I can print to the hylafax daemon on the
1. Install hylafax on both machines.
2. Setup the one with the modem as you would normally..
3. On the other machine, edit /usr/share/fax/hyla.cond
Append "Host: <machines ip/host address with modem on it>
4. Edit the file on the modem machine /var/spool/fax/etc/hosts
This will let anyone connect, with fax-userid of 1002.. and a "super user"
override password of "secret"..
See.. it's easy :) <grin>
Anthony Rumble - Managing Director
EverythingLinux.com.au - The Alternative Operating System Store
LinuxHelp.com.au - Support,Training,Development,Consulting
Phone: 0500 500 368 Direct 02-9712-1799 Fax 02-9712-3977