Re: [SLUG] /etc/rc.config

> Firstly, it would be a bit more helpfull if you named the script as I'm not
> sure what you are trying to do.
> BTW, The SuSE 6.2 release is over three year old.

The script is called dynacc (http://www.fire.wolfsburg.de/proj/dynacc/)
and its been designed for suse 6.2 or 6.3

I chose this script because it seems to do just about everything I need,
but its only been developed for suse.

I know suse 6.2 is old but i thought someone might still be using it or
would at least have some experience with it and be able to shed some
light.

> The rc.config file was where all the base system configuration settings were
> held and had settings to allow each init script to be run on bootup.
>
> As per the manual:
>
> "Nearly any configuration of SuSE Linux can be done via a central
> configuration file called /etc/rc.config. Here a couple of enviromnet
> variables are set which are (amoungst others) checked by the init scripts.
> Each of the scripts under /sbin/init.d executes /etc/rc.config as a first
> step in order to read the values of those variables which apply to it."
>
> "Moreover very many configuration files can be generated from /etc/rc.config.
> This is the task of /sbin/SuSEconfig. If you change the network
> configuration, for example the file /etc/resolv.conf will be regenerated as
> it depends on the configuration you have made."

I dont think there is such a file in red hat except maybe
/etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit or /etc/rc.d/rc.local

this could be interesting to port to red hat.

Thanks for your help Graham.