Re: [SLUG] lost software

On Fri, 2002-12-20 at 23:11, Mick wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've lost some software I've just installed.  It exited the installation with
> a "maninstall" error. everything else went smoothly.

> Installing man pages.../usr/bin/install: cannot create regular file
> `/usr/local/man/man1': No such file or directory
> make: *** [maninstall] Error.

I had exactly the same problem when compiling the quick cam software for
my QuickCam Web. I discovered the program couldn't install the man pages
because /usr/local/man/man1 didn't exist so i created that directory
(mkdir /usr/local/man/man1) and then ran "make" again. it all worked...

If you want you could edit one of the files to have it install the man
pages somewhere else besides /usr/local/man/man1...but i dont know which
file :p