Re: [SLUG] lost software

On Fri, 20 Dec 2002, Mick wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've lost some software I've just installed.  It exited the installation with
> a "maninstall" error. everything else went smoothly.
>
> The problem is I have no idea how to use the program and the docs aren't
> really aimed at the linux totally inept.

> Installing man pages.../usr/bin/install: cannot create regular file
> `/usr/local/man/man1': No such file or directory
> make: *** [maninstall] Error.

maninstall will be a routine in the Makefile.  For some reason it looks to
want to create /usr/local/man/man1 directory and is unable to do.

Were you running this as root or as a user?

Check the permissions on /usr/local, /usr/local/man, /usr/local/man/man1
or try running as root.

--
Howard.
LANNet Computing Associates - Your Linux people <http://www.lannetlinux.com>