SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] General question Re: Securing Redhat Linux
- To: Chris Samuel <chris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] General question Re: Securing Redhat Linux
- From: Michael Fox <michael@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri Dec 20 16:48:05 2002
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: IMP/PHP IMAP webmail program 2.2.7
Quoting Chris Samuel <chris@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > If you spend enough time on it you can convince yourself that any box
> > "secure". Secure systems is one area where debian excels though.
> > packaging policy means that old, reliable software is used in favour
> > newer, possibly more functional, but possibly also less secure
> NB: This is not a Debian bash, I've just got very little (tending to
> experience of it.
> I would hope that Debian, whilst keeping to more elderly software,
> back-ports security fixes to their distribution ?
security fixes for anything on the current stable release are always available
on security.debian.org for example :)