Re: [SLUG] Mandrake and apache error

Quoting Kevin Saenz <kevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> I have been trying to get a virtual host up and running on my LAN
> now what I have noticed is I can not access my virtual host.
> http produces the error of
>

> [Tue Dec 17 22:57:46 2002] [error] [client 10.0.0.3] client denied by
> server configuration: /opt/apache/www
>

> on the browser I get a 403
>
> when I do a ls -la on /opt/apache/www the ownership is apache:apache
> with drwxr-x-r-x

Have you looked through your httpd.conf (assuming this contains all the apache
configuration options) to confirm that /opt/apache/www isn't restricted in
some way. It might be nothing to do with the permissions on the filesystem.

Mind you apache.apache is strange, but I guess thats mandrakes way. Debian has
www-data.www-data.

If need be, I'd be happy to look through your apache configs if so forwarded.

Cheers