SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Woody on Spac64
- To: Colin Humphreys <ch@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Woody on Spac64
- From: Lance Bell <ljb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed Dec 11 18:35:02 2002
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.0.1) Gecko/20020826
Colin Humphreys wrote:
On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 06:04:02PM +1100, Lance Bell wrote:
I have a Sun Sparc64 (Sun4u). I have tried to use woody CD's boot floppies
Never heard of such a machine. The sun4u arch is a 64 bit sparc chip...
perhaps you mixed something up.
RH6.3 cds and tried to make a boot cdrom and it won't play.
In particular I want to put woody on it. I noticed that the silo.conf on
woody cds points to sparc64.gz as a boot image but there is on a sparc64
uncompressed boot as far as I can see. If I type "rescue" at the silo
it does two nies and i end up with
Want to have another go at all that. I'm having trouble making sense of
I am trying to install linux on it, my pref is debian.
Its a SunUltraII (sun4u) sparc64.