Re: [SLUG] The SLUG/Debian Distro' CD

FWIIW:

I think this is a great idea, but (for next time) I really wonder if
Debian is the right choice for distro???

This is NOT about distro wars... horses for courses!

I use Debian for my servers, but  if someone had introduced me to linux
via Debian, I would have been utterly lost.

Debian assumes you know what you want. Most newbies don't. I would have
thought Mandrake, Suse, Redhat, possibly others would have been a better
choice. Mandrake (last time i used it) was practically a brain-dead
install. Even a newbie could probably get it going with no help. I'm
pretty sure just about any newbie would be lost installing Debian without
assistance.