SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] What ftpd - oh the choices ?
- To: David Fitch <davidf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] What ftpd - oh the choices ?
- From: Michael Fox <michael@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu Dec 5 12:08:02 2002
- Cc: Mike.Lake@xxxxxxxxxx, slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: IMP/PHP IMAP webmail program 2.2.7
Quoting David Fitch <davidf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi Michael,
> I'm another vote for proftpd. Been using it for yonks,
> permanently connected to the the net, it gets many probes/
> connections per day (none legitimate) and has stood up
> to it all so far (with the apt-get updates of course).
> (although the vsftp (or whatever it was) sounds interesting too)
Sounds exactly like my usage of proftpd for the past 3 years... its just sat
on boxes with permanent links and the box has never been exploited.
I've since introduced someone at work here to Debian, and he has been quite
pleased with it. Infact rather impressed at times *winks*