SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Man by page
- To: Juan A Aranibar <juan2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Man by page
- From: Steve Kowalik <steven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue Dec 3 21:58:02 2002
- Cc: SLUG List <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- User-agent: Mutt/1.4i
At 9:36 pm, Tuesday, December 3 2002, Juan A Aranibar mumbled:
> How do you look in man by page only, rather than type the comand "man" and all you see is the last screen.
> Thanking you all in advance.
In Debian at least, when you run man, it's run through a 'pager' (program
that allows you to scroll back and forward through the output.)
Nevertheless, try running 'man <cmd> | less'
You can certainly use another pager such as more, or most.
<Kamion> in the "oh dear, my testicles appear to have fallen off" sense of