SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Help with Installing Red Hat 7.3
- To: hy speed <hyspeed@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Help with Installing Red Hat 7.3
- From: dec <dec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue Dec 3 10:34:08 2002
- Cc: Rod <rod@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.0.0) Gecko/20020530
do u really need to have everything on one box?? i m no expert myself but
wouldn't it be better to split up the required functionalities over several
The easiest thing to do is put the SQL server on a separate server, but
this is not cost effective under 100 000 users. When you get up to past
500 000 you should separate the web server from the SMTP server as well.
But, SQL is fast, the web code all runs under mod_perl and mod_gzip and
@Mail usually uses Exim which talks to mySQL as is fast as well. You
should not have a problem with one dedicated server.