SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Limit desktop to one program
- To: Slug <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Limit desktop to one program
- From: Jeff Waugh <jdub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu Oct 31 18:08:02 2002
- User-agent: Mutt/1.4i
<quote who="Simon Bryan"/>
> I have been told that it is possible to limit a desktop to only one
> program. I beleive the description was that the program launches the
> desktop rather than the other way around. Is this true? If so waht am I
> looking for in my (so far useless) google searches?
In GNOME, gnome-session. In KDE, startkde. Both launch the session handlers
for their respective desktops, which start everything else (from panels to
file managers to session-managed windows).
I *think* that's what you're looking for. ;-)
"The ability to procrastinate is what separates us from the machines."
- Chris Gregory, Desktop Magazine