SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Deskpro 4000S with Redhat 8 Xfree86 issues
- To: Ken Foskey <foskey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Deskpro 4000S with Redhat 8 Xfree86 issues
- From: Michael Fox <michael@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu Oct 31 09:33:01 2002
- Cc: slug <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- User-agent: IMP/PHP IMAP webmail program 2.2.7
Quoting Ken Foskey <foskey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> The ones I have are cirus.
> As root run `X -configure` (single dash). This will create
> /root/XF86Config-4 with the appropriate settings for your hardware.
> Copy the vertical refresh and horizontal sync values from the redhat
> installed version and it 'should' work.
I did try that, several times.. didn't work very well... infact hung the system
However Paul Daniels sent me his one, and I have since modified it and it works
just perfectly. The machine is operating nicely. I must say I like it pretty
much. I do think another 128mb dimm would be good though, as that would give me
256mb of ram total.