SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Maintenance tool
- To: Chris Rennie <rennie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Maintenance tool
- From: Matthew Hannigan <mlh@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed Oct 30 17:48:02 2002
- Cc: SLUG mailing list <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- User-agent: Mutt/126.96.36.199i
On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 10:50:18AM +1100, Chris Rennie wrote:
> In the olden days I used Norton Utilities to check and exercise
> the various HW components of PCs. It was a great sanity check
> when confronted with a machine reportedly "does funny things,
> sometimes". So is there anything similar for Linux? fsck is
> the only maintenance tool I know.
Off the top of my head I can recall memtest86 and a
repeated kernel compile being good tests of hardware.
So I did a google search and got this which give you
It would be nice for someone to put a whole bunch
of these tools on a bootable cdrom to just automate it.