[SLUG] Hangup (SIGHUP) - modem keeps hanging up....

Hi,

Don't know if anyone can shed any light on this but I am trying to connect
to a modem using wvdial on SuSE 7.2.  I have configured wvdial with all the
relevant settings and it is dialing & connecting for different periods of
time before I get the Modem has hung up message.  The weird thing is
sometimes the connect lasts for 10 minutes and other times it just drop the
connection immediately.

The only thing I have in the /var/log/message is:

pppd[xxxx]: Hangup (SIGHUP)
pppd[xxxx]: Modem hangup

...and on the screen I get the pppd exit code of 16.

Does anyone know what I can do to trace/fix the problem.  I can connect fine
using my windows box so....

Any ideas?

Dan