Re: [SLUG] Mandrake 9

Mandrake 8.2 has Gnome 1.4 which is slower (esp Nautilus) and more buggy
than Gnome 2.0. For this reason alone I'd upgrade (if you use Gnome)
Gnome 2 is a much better/faster desktop.

Evo goes from 1.0.2 to 1.0.8.

9.0 also has KDE 3.0 another good reason.

If you just use console then not so many good reasons other than
security fixes/upgrades to server products.

It's a bit more schmick in most areas (subjective opinion).

I've upgraded from 8.2 but had problemos (reinstall needed due to crash
during upgrade). Guess YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary). Backup your system
b/f upgrade.

HTH

Stu