SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] hard drive choices
- To: "Tom" <hyperbola@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] hard drive choices
- From: Paul L Daniels <pldaniels@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon Oct 28 14:04:02 2002
- Cc: marty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Organization: PLD
We basically seem to all come down to the same thing... there's a high level of 'unreliability' involved in modern hard drives. The next logical question is to ask, what is the form of the failures?
Anyone give some opinions? Are we seeing an increase in IDE controller failures ( on HDD ) or physical defect failures (ie, broken heads, stiff armatures ?
Paul L Daniels http://www.pldaniels.com
Linux/Unix systems Internet Development
A.B.N. 19 500 721 806