SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Howto Rip an ISO - copy a cd?
- To: Slug List <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Howto Rip an ISO - copy a cd?
- From: Yuri <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue Oct 15 09:36:02 2002
- Reply-to: list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: KMail/1.4.3
The most easiest will be just to do
$ cp /dev/cdrom cdrom.iso
Magic of "everything is a file" Unix :)
On Sunday 13 October 2002 16:12, Terry Collins wrote:
> Looking for a heads up on how to copy a CD under Linux?
> I thought the procedure was to dd if=device of=some.iso, then cdrecord
> I'm having trouble with dd in that it has taken over 60 minutes to copy
> 200Mb, so I don't hink I'm correct in my assumption.
> So how do I copy off the cd iso?
> Apologies if this is in the archive, but I can not currently see
> www.slug.org atm.