From: Voytek Eymont [mailto:voytek@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, 11 October 2002 2:08 AM
To: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [SLUG] startups how ?, deamon restarter loops ?

I'm still trying to understand all this init.d/rc.d scripts and things,

I'm doing this through Webmin right now:

If I want say Apache or MySQL to start on boot, does that place a
apache-script into a run level 3 hirechary of init.d/rc.d things, is that
the way things work ?

which docs describe the startup procedures, etc ?

also, if I have Apache and MySQL starting at boot;
say, something (bad SQL call) burns down MySQLd:

does the script monitors and restarts the MySQL ?

or, am I responsible for making sure my desired deamons restart if burnt ?

Voytek Eymont
SBT Information Systems Pty Ltd
phone +61-2 9310-1144 fax +61-2 9310-1118