Re: [SLUG] RE: Instaling Sweep on Mandrake 8.2

On Sun, 2002-09-29 at 14:53, Richard Neal wrote:
> Hello Everyone
>
> Ive just installed Sweep on mdk 8.2 running GCC 3.2 and I thought
> it I would give some pointers for newbies doing the install on Mandrake
> 8.2.

I assume this means you upgraded to the gcc out of cooker or 9.0? Were
there probs building with 2.96?

> libsndfile-1.0.1-1mdk.src.rpm
> libtdb-1.0.6-1mdk.src.rpm

Not a correction per se, but why did you grab the source rpms here? It
might save a bit of hassle to do it like so:

urpmi libsndfile libsndfile-devel libtdb libtdb-devel

(I'm pretty sure that the non devel packages are dependencies anyway but
I haven't checked).

sweep actually is in contribs for mandrake but it's an old version.

I noticed a little while ago that there's a lot of music and audio
software missing in mandrake's contribs so my computer is currently
thrashing away making rpms for some of this stuff. I don't know if I'm
game to attract the ire of GC by trying to get them into contribs, but
I'll let you know where you can get them from when I'm done.

James.