[SLUG] RE: Instaling Sweep on Mandrake 8.2

Hello Everyone

Ive just installed Sweep on mdk 8.2 running GCC 3.2 and I thought
it I would give some pointers for newbies doing the install on Mandrake
8.2.

First grab a copy of the sweep tar.gz file from
http://sweep.sourceforge.net
Now you will need to download these packages from
 http.//rpmfind.net (well I had to)

libsndfile-1.0.1-1mdk.src.rpm
libtdb-1.0.6-1mdk.src.rpm

libgdbm2-devel-1.8.0-18mdk.i586.rpm
pkgconfig-0.12.0-2mdk.i586.rpm

now lets get the rpm's installed first

as root

rpm -ihv libgdbm2-devel-1.8.0-18mdk.i586.rpm
rpm -ihv pkgconfig-0.12.0-2mdk.i586.rpm

now get the source rpm's installed

rpm --rebuild libtdb-1.0.6-1mdk.src.rpm
rpm -ihv /usr/src/RPM/RPMS/i586/libtdb1*.rpm

rpm --rebuild libsndfile-1.0.1-1mdk.src.rpm
rpm -ihv /usr/src/RPM/RPMS/i586/lib*.rpm

as user

cd to were you placed sweep-0.5.6.tar.gz
(if you stuck it in your home directory ignore the above)

tar zxvf sweep-0.5.6.tar.gz

This will unpack sweep

type -> cd swee[TAB][ENTER] (autocomplete is neat huh)

NOTE - you might have to do this (well I had too) before
you run ./configure

export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$PKG_CONFIG_PATH:/usr/lib/pkgconfig

now lets run ./configure

./configure

Now when thats finished type

make

If all goes well now type

su - -c "make install"
(enter your root password)

Now it should all be OK and you can run sweep

sweep &

Regards

Richard

PS If anyone spots any errors please post fixes ASAP

* Hey if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something   *
* stupid, then I guess I'll just have to stop doing stupid things! *