SLUG Mailing List Archives
RE: [SLUG] Network Monitoring - TOP Talkers - Open Source?
- To: "Stuart" <slug@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: [SLUG] Network Monitoring - TOP Talkers - Open Source?
- From: "Visser, Martin (Sydney)" <Martin.Visser@xxxxxx>
- Date: Thu Sep 19 12:30:02 2002
- Thread-index: AcJfeJMVEMviuuniSqiQ+xv0NK2MlgACuwuQ
- Thread-topic: [SLUG] Network Monitoring - TOP Talkers - Open Source?
Ethereal can be used for this however it really is a packet sniffer. The
best solutions, and a very good one, is NTOP http://www.ntop.org
Technology & Infrastructure - Consulting & Integration
COMPAQ, part of the new HP
3 Richardson Place
North Ryde, Sydney NSW 2113, Australia
Phone *: +61-2-9022-1670 Mobile *: +61-411-254-513
Fax 7: +61-2-9022-1800 E-mail * : martin.visserAThp.com
From: Stuart [mailto:slug@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, 19 September 2002 11:04 AM
Subject: [SLUG] Network Monitoring - TOP Talkers - Open Source?
What is a TOP Talker and do they exists in the Open Source world? Not
bumped into any at Freshmeat.net. Google only mentions proprietary ones.
Is this an ethereal type of product?
SLUG - Sydney Linux User's Group - http://slug.org.au/
More Info: http://lists.slug.org.au/listinfo/slug